Signature Science is pleased to announce an opening for an experienced DNA analyst. This position requires the analyst to perform DNA testing, analyze and interpret results, perform comparisons and mixture analysis, report conclusions and review the casework of contemporaries. Permanent relocation is not required and the applicant’s willingness and suitability to embark on 4 month overseas deployments is necessary. Further details can be provided during an interview.
Signature Science requires a high level of competency from all qualified candidates for any opening. Our expectations for the DNA analyst position are not only limited to demonstrating the essential technical competencies, but also those characteristics that are intrinsic in leading professionals.
- Experience- two years as a trained examiner in a DNA laboratory with
demonstrated experience independently managing casework
- Education- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or forensic science related area
- Willingness to travel for approximately two weeks to complete training
- Proficiency with the following:
- ABI 7500 or 7000
- ABI 3130xl (3100 or 3500xl)
- ABI Gene Mapper IDX software, Identifiler and Yfiler chemistries
Those with current SECRET clearance will be given preference.