The Analytical Chemist has primary responsibility for performing toxicology testing on bloods, urines and other specimens using instrumental and manual methods established by the laboratory.
- *Performing manual and automated testing on biological samples including urine, blood, vitreous fluid and other tissues.
- *Performing and recording results of appropriate quality controls for assays performed. Assuring that controls are within range before entering and releasing results.
- *Operation and maintenance of LC/MS/MS, GC/MS/MS, HPLC AND GC/MS, Hitachi 717 and other instrumentation in Forensic Toxicology.
- *Reporting by FAX or telephone STAT test results to client.
- *Following proper laboratory safety procedures.
- *Maintaining required electronic and hardcopy departmental records.
- *Performing other miscellaneous duties or special projects, as assigned.