Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories (ADL), located in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, is a growing and dynamic organization dedicated to providing personalized, efficient, quality oriented laboratory services, such as microbiology, chemistry, toxicology, immunology, and virology testing.
ADL is licensed by the Department of Health in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the US Department of Health and Human Services. The laboratory operates under the direction of a Board Certified Pathologist and is CLIA accredited. ADL participates in all required proficiency testing programs of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the American Association of Bioanalysts. Additionally, ADL is certified by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and is one of only five laboratories licensed by the State of Pennsylvania as a Forensic Lab.
The Analytical Chemist has primary responsibility for performing toxicology testing on bloods, urines and other specimens using instrumental and manual methods established by the laboratory.
• Performing manual and automated testing on biological samples including urine, blood, vitreous fluid and other tissues.
• Performing and recording results of appropriate quality controls for assays performed. Assuring that controls are within range before entering and releasing results.
• Operation and maintenance of LC/MS/MS, GC/MS/MS, HPLC AND GC/MS, Hitachi 717 and other instrumentation in Forensic Toxicology.
• Reporting by FAX or telephone STAT test results to client.
• Following proper laboratory safety procedures.
• Maintaining required electronic and hardcopy departmental records.
• Performing other miscellaneous duties or special projects, as assigned.