Purpose: The Forensic Sciences Foundation (FSF) is pleased to offer Student Travel Grants to assist with travel expenses in attending the 2024 American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) Annual Scientific Conference in Denver, Colorado.
Grant Awards: Up to $12,000 has been allocated for individual Student Grant Awards (not to exceed $1,500 per student, including complimentary conference registration).
Eligibility and Submission Requirements:
- Prior Student Travel Grant award recipients are not eligible to reapply.
- The grant applicant must be an AAFS member/affiliate or an AAFS Applicant for membership. Applications for membership must be received and completed by the October 1 deadline.
- The applicant must have submitted an abstract by the August 1 deadline, either as a presenter or co-author for the Annual Scientific Conference he/she will be attending.
- The applicant must be a fourth-year undergraduate or a graduate student at an accredited four-year college, university, or professional school whose accreditation is acceptable to the FSF Board of Trustees. Those who have completed their terminal degree and are now pursuing internship, residency, or fellowship positions are considered to be in the training phase and, therefore, are not eligible.
- The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her advisor or professor. This recommendation is separate from any membership application requirements. The recommendation may be submitted with the other application materials or may be submitted separately by the advisor/professor.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.