The pre-registration deadline was January 20, 2020. Registration for Special Functions is no longer available. All registrations will be processed at the on-site rate.
Meeting registration rates are provided below. Spouse badges will be available for AAFS members only. If your meeting badge is lost, misplaced, stolen, or forgotten, a replacement badge will incur a fee equal to the original purchase amount of your registration. If your badge was complimentary, the fee will be the current, on-site rate.
|Registration Category||Pre-Registration Rate||On-Site Registration Rate|
|AAFS Members & Trainee Affiliates||$375||$500|
|AAFS Student Affiliates*||$125||$150|
|AAFS Retired Fellows||$0||$0|
* To secure the Applicant registration rate, the registrant must have submitted a completed application by the application deadline.
* The AAFS Student Affiliate rate is honored for current AAFS Student Affiliates as well as applicants for Student Affiliate status with a completed application under consideration at the 2020 AAFS Annual Scientific Meeting. Those with incomplete applications should use the Non-Member Student rate and provide an official Verification of Enrollment verifying enrollment at the time of the Annual Scientific Meeting (February 2020).
* Individuals registering for the Non-Member Trainee rate must submit a letter from their immediate supervisor verifying the registrant’s employment status as “in training.”
* Non-Member Students will be required to submit an official Verification of Enrollment verifying enrollment at the time of the Annual Scientific Meeting (February 2020).
* Members of the International Association of Identification (IAI), the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI), or the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners (AFTE) must submit verification of current membership.
If you have any questions about a registration type or rate, please contact Heather Jefferson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for a .pdf version of the 2020 Final Program
Click HERE for a .pdf version of the 2020 Registration Form
THREE WAYS TO REGISTER
- Register online through the AAFS Account Portal. Scan & email your registration form (three pages) to: email@example.com.
- Mail your registration form, along with a check, money order, or purchase order to:
410 North 21st Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. funds, made payable to AAFS.)
- Faxed registration forms are not accepted.
ONLINE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Online registrants are required to have an AAFS Web Account to register for the meeting.
- If you are currently a member or applicant of the AAFS, you will need to login to your AAFS Web Account to start your registration.
- If you are not a member of the AAFS, but you are or have been an Author or Co-Author on a presentation (oral or poster) at an AAFS Annual Scientific Meeting, you will have an AAFS Web Account. Use the “Forgot User Name or Password” button found on the AAFS Web Login page to retrieve a forgotten password.
- If this is your first contact with the AAFS, you will need to create a new AAFS Web Account. Click the “Create Account” button on the Login Page.
- When you register online, you will receive an email confirmation immediately.
- When you email or mail your registration form to AAFS, a confirmation email will be sent once your registration form is processed.
- Bring a copy of your confirmation letter to the on-site pre-registration desk for meeting check-in.
NEW THIS YEAR—LOST BADGE POLICY
- Lost, misplaced, stolen, or forgotten badges will incur a replacement fee equal to the original purchase amount of your registration. If your badge was complimentary, the fee will be the current, on-site rate.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with registration, contact the AAFS Office at (719) 636-1100, ext. 111, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCOMPANYING SPOUSE REGISTRATION
- This reduced fee is intended for spouses, family members, or other traveling companions who are not members of the forensic science or legal community and should not be used for colleagues, interns, or students.
- Accompanying Spouse registration includes a name badge only and is not eligible for Continuing Education credit, workshops, special session registration, or certificates of attendance. However, breakfast seminar and luncheon seminar tickets may be purchased by the pre-registration deadline. Accompanying Spouse registration is only available to AAFS members paying the full meeting registration fee (excludes Non-Member registrants, Student registrants, Daily registrants, and Workshop Only registrants). An Accompanying Spouse registration is available for an additional fee ($50).
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing via email (email@example.com) or mail to the AAFS headquarters. Canceled registration fees will be refunded as follows:
- Prior to December 1: Full refund less $25 charge
- December 1-31: 75% refund
- January 1-31: 60% refund
- February 1-7: 50% refund
- No refunds after February 7, 2020.