The January 24, 2018 pre-registration deadline has passed.
All registrations will now be processed as on-site registrations.
Registrations must be received by the pre-registration deadline of January 24, 2018, to qualify for the pre-registration rate, and to register for Special Functions. Registration forms received after the pre-registration deadline will be processed as on-site registrations. To assist you with budgeting for the AAFS meeting, rates are listed below.
|*Includes admittance into AAFS sessions starting with the Tuesday evening Welcoming Reception through the Saturday morning Scientific Sessions (excludes all Special Functions).|
(through Jan. 24)
(effective Jan. 25)
|AAFS Members, Trainee Affiliates, Applicants**||$325||$450|
|AAFS Student Affiliates**||$100||$125|
|AAFS Retired Fellows||$0||$0|
(Must provide letter from employer verifying trainee status.)
|Non-Member Full-Time Students**||$155||$180|
|AFTE Members**, IAAI Members**, and IAI Members**||$325||$450|
(Wed, Thurs, Fri, and/or Sat admission to scientific sessions only)
AAFS Applicants must have a completed application on file by the application deadline.
AAFS Student Affiliates must have certified annual eligibility.
Non-Member Trainees must submit a letter from employer verifying trainee status to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Member Full-Time Students must submit an official Verification of Enrollment confirming full-time status during
February 2018. Not available to those in postgraduate internships, residencies, or fellowships.
AFTE, IAAI, and IAI Members must provide proof of current membership to email@example.com.
Three Ways to Register
- Register online through the AAFS Account Portal. Online registration requires payment with a credit card.
- Scan and email your registration form (both pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail your registration form, along with a check, money order or purchase order to:
410 North 21st Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
- (Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. funds, made payable to AAFS).
- When you register online, you will receive an email confirmation immediately.
- When you email or mail your registration form to AAFS, a confirmation email will be sent once your registration form is processed.
- If you do not receive your confirmation email within 5 (five) business days of sending your form(s), please contact Tracie McCray at email@example.com or (719) 636-1100.
- Bring a copy of your confirmation letter to the registration desk for meeting check-in.
All requests for refunds must be made in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to the AAFS headquarters. Canceled registration fees will be refunded as follows:
Prior to December 1: Full refund less $25 charge
December 1-31: 75% refund
January 1-31: 60% refund
February 1-9: 50% refund
No refunds after February 9, 2018.
Accompanying Spouse Registration
Accompanying Spouse registration includes a name badge only and is not eligible for Continuing Education credit, Workshop, Special Session registration, or Certificate of Attendance; however, Breakfast Seminar and Luncheon Seminar tickets may be purchased by the pre-registration deadline. Accompanying Spouse registration is only available to those paying the full meeting registration fee (excludes Student registrants, Daily registrants, and Workshop Only registrants). An Accompanying Spouse registration is available for an additional fee ($50). This reduced fee is intended for spouses, family members, or other traveling companions who are not members of the forensic science or legal community and should not be used for colleagues, interns, or students.
If you have any questions or need assistance with registration contact the AAFS Office at (719) 636-1100 or email Tracie McCray (email@example.com)