The Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, in conjunction with ECU Health Medical Center, provides clinical services in anatomic pathology and clinical pathology for hospital patients and clinic patients.
The mission of the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine is to improve the health and well-being of the citizens of eastern North Carolina and beyond by delivering high quality pathology services, by providing exemplary education for medical students, residents, and other health care professionals, and by creating new knowledge through research. Our core principles serve as the guiding framework for the Department’s pathology services and education efforts:
- Provide timely pathology services of the highest quality
- Be recognized as exceptional educators by providing the best education for all learners regardless of specialty choice
- Be valued as researchers and research collaborators
- Leverage new technology to provide better service
- Continuously improve the services provided
- Be the dominant pathology group in the region, distinguished by specialty expertise, and by an extensive and unique list of services
- Be at the forefront of applying new technology to the clinical practice
- Hiring tenure-track faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor.
- Develop and maintain an externally funded research program in infectious disease, immunology, cancer, or molecular/genetic diagnosis.
- Teach graduate students, medical students, and pathology residents.
- Pursue research in infectious diseases, immunology, cancer biology or molecular/genetic diagnostics (area of expertise of the successful candidate) primarily supported with externally funded grants.
- Write and publish research/review papers and grant applications.
- Organize the workload and supervise the performance of research support personnel in developing and pursuing experimental protocols, collects and analyzes data obtained from his/her research protocols.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at: https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/55419
- PhD, MD or MD/PhD from an accredited school of medicine or university.
- Training and experience in research is required.
- License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation If MD, NC Medical License is required.
Recruitment Range: $105,000-$115,000
How to apply
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Accepted Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 10/31/2022 to be considered. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #001507 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.