The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry within the College of Science at The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) is seeking applications for a tenure-track assistant professor faculty position in forensic chemistry. The successful candidate will be expected to bring a new dimension to the Department while complementing its existing strengths in both interdisciplinary and traditional fields. All areas related to forensic chemistry and associated fields are welcome, though areas that will be given strong consideration include, but are not limited to, forensic analysis, forensic toxicology, drug analysis, and forensic DNA analysis. The successful candidate is expected to actively engage at a departmental level through curricular development activities, teach forensic and chemistry courses, expand the forensic science program towards its accreditation, collaborate with other faculty, and attract external funding at levels needed to build and sustain his/her research program.
- An earned doctorate in forensic chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, forensic science, or related field, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary and problem-based research as well as publications in relevant areas.
- Postdoctoral experience and a strong record of high-impact publications are highly preferred.
- Evidence of existing/prior funding will be given strong consideration.
- Applicants with potential to attract external funding, and the ability to teach at the undergraduate and graduate level are highly desired.
How to apply
Application Instructions: To assure full consideration, please submit the following as separate documents.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy and interests
- Research plan
- Statement of commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access as it relates to your research, teaching, service, and mentoring
- Complete contact information for three professional references
To apply, please visit https://utep.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=153549
Contact Information: If you have questions about the position, you may contact Dr. James Li, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com.
Application review and Appointment Date: Review of applications will begin from November 15, 2022 and continue until the position is filled and the anticipated appointment date is September 1, 2023.