This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for STEM positions to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
- Serve as a forensic expert performing professional and scientific work in the area of serology and DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid).
- Analyzes DNA on physical evidence and materials consisting of body fluids, hair, bone, dental pulp, and other human tissue.
- Conducts complex examinations to develop evidence and data/information for investigative and judicial purposes.
- Prepares formal written reports suitable for legal representation.
- Testifies in court of law as an expert witness and provides training to investigative and legal personnel outside of USACIL.
- Receives and maintains the integrity of evidence and material
- Establish procedures and develop new techniques, approaches, and methods.
Salary: $72,974 - $135,209 per year
Pay scale & grade
GS 11 - 13
See announcement for more details.
How to apply
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 01/20/2023 to receive consideration
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11795160).