Under direction, to direct, plan, and supervise the work of Medical Examiner-Coroner Investigators in the Medical Examiner-Coroner's Office; and to direct and/or conduct the more complex investigations.
- Training and experience equivalent to possession of an Associate's Degree from an accredited college in General Education, Criminal Justice, Mortuary Science or a related field.
- Four years of experience in a public law enforcement agency performing death investigation duties equivalent to the Medical Examiner-Coroner Investigator in the County of Santa Clara, or other investigations concerned with establishing the facts pertaining to a specific event, such as criminal investigations involving extensive public contact.
- Two years of the experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis with applicable college coursework in Criminology, Penology, Police Science, Administration of Justice, Forensic Science or a related field.
- Supervisory experience in an investigative field is highly desirable.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates in possession of a valid diplomate or board certificate through The American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI).
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License prior to appointment and the ability to obtain and maintain a County driver authorization.
$65.11 - $79.15 Hourly $5,208.72 - $6,331.60 Biweekly $11,285.56 - $13,718.47 Monthly $135,426.72 - $164,621.60 Annually
How to apply
Please apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/santaclara