This mid-management position performs complex technical work and has general supervisory authority over subordinate employees, as well as overall administrative responsibility for the program operations, including responsibility for casework management and program coordination. The Criminalist III is responsible for ensuring that quality standards/reporting requirements are attained for the work performed.
- Four years of recent experience as an analyst conducting independent casework in an accredited crime laboratory with increasing supervisory responsibilities or six years of equivalent experience in a non-accredited crime laboratory.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, networking and digital computer forensics, or criminal justice.
- In addition to the minimum experience requirement of the position, an Associate’s Degree with significant coursework in those subjects and two years of progressively responsible recent experience in computer network or system support may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree requirement.
- Industry certifications such as Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP) or similar may be considered in lieu of the two years of supplementary experience.
- Valid Class C California Driver's License.
- Certifications through the International Association for Identification are highly desirable.
$6,906.42 - $10,046.06/Monthly
How to apply
Apply through website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/glendaleca/jobs/3634928/criminalist-iii-computer-forensics-unit