The newly hired forensic pathologist would be joining 3 other board certified forensic pathologists at a NAME Accredited Office. The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office serves a population of approximately 540,000 citizens and performs approximately 580 examinations and 170 records reviews each year. We currently provide autopsy coverage for a neighboring County Coroner’s Office. The caseload would be divided between the 4 pathologists with call weeks every 4th week with rotating holiday schedules. No examinations are performed on Sundays, Christmas day, New Year’s Day or Thanksgiving Day.
Our office has strong professional relationships with the medical community, criminal justice system and referring coroners. We employ a full time staff of ABMDI certified death investigators. Under administrative direction; performs inquiries, examinations and testing of a medical nature to determine the mechanism, cause and manner of deaths brought to the attention of and entering the jurisdiction of the Medical Examiner’s office; supervises morgue personnel, collects physical evidence; assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Chief deputy Medical Examiner during an absence.
- Licensed to practice as a physician in the State of Ohio.
- Certification in anatomic pathology from the American Board of Pathology.
- A qualified individual must be Board eligible or certified in forensic pathology.
- Possession of a valid State of Ohio driver’s License.
- Requires the ability to access potential and/or hazardous environment, and transports self to the work site under various climatic conditions.
$230,006.40 with Board Certification in Forensic Pathology
Tuition Reimbursement Available
How to apply
Application process is all online. Upload resume and cover letter. Application can be found at https://jobs.summitoh.net