Amentum is currently looking for a Disinterment Historian at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI
A successful candidate will support the Defense Prisoner of War/Missing in Action (POW/MIA) Accounting Agency (DPAA) by conducting historical research and writing, and assist with disinterment related activities for DPAA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs complex historical research into casualty resolution and unidentified remains interred in U.S. cemeteries
- Assignments include a variety of duties, to include documentary research, oral histories, secondary source readings, geographically bounded studies, cemetery analyses, case narratives, reports of findings, and briefings to agency leadership
- Builds and develops recommendations to disinter unidentified remains from past conflicts, with the ultimate goal of pursuing all avenues towards exhumation and identification
- Occasionally travels nationally for Family Member Updates (FMUs) and occasionally internationally for field investigations or other activities as required by agency leadership
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Follows all client policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position regularly interfaces with all employees, consultants, and contractors of the company, and communicates through briefings and written products with agency leadership, US Government employees, family members, foreign officials, and strategic partners.
- Five years of professional historical research experience (includes educational experience)
- B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. or Master's degree in History or related field with a strong understanding of History of Science and/or Second World War Military History with specialist knowledge of the Asia-Pacific Theater
- Strong written and oral communication skills evidenced by publication and conference presentation record
- Knowledge of relevant primary and secondary source material
- Experience with archival research
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
The above experience should demonstrate the capability to deliver products under conditions of high operational tempo, frequently adjusting priorities and flux in requirements, on time. It should also demonstrate the ability to interface effectively with senior members of external organizations to develop and support technical positions, to justify technical recommendations, and communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
PhD or working toward PhD
Will discuss during screening process
How to apply
Apply to this link: https://pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PAE_Careers/job/US-HI-Harbor/Disinterment-Historian_R0079181