- Review, revise, approve, and propose new DNA-related technical policies and procedures.
- Facilitate training of laboratory personnel in DNA analysis and procedures.
- Approve and direct the review of the Forensic Biology Quality System.
- Maintain knowledge of currently used technologies and procedures through extensive reading of forensic literature and training.
- Oversee, review, and approve new DNA method validations and new equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve DNA technical equipment and supplies.
- Ensure proficiency testing, quality control, and safety measures are being followed as outlined in the Quality Manual, Procedures, and the Safety Manual.
- Serve as a technical reference regarding DNA analyses.
- Act as a mediator in the technical review of DNA analyses.
- Recommend new DNA technical equipment and supplies.
- Maintain and demonstrate efficiency in the field of forensic biology.
- Perform chemical, microscopic, and immunological tests on physical evidence.
- Maintain technical forensic laboratory files and records of findings.
- Prepare analytical reports and effectively communicate results of analyses.
- Conduct technical and/or administrative reviews on scientific reports.
- Determine CODIS eligibility.
- Provide expert testimony in court based on laboratory findings.
- Interpret and evaluate serological results and DNA data.
- Execute applicable operations of the laboratory information management system (LIMS).
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in a field of science such as biology, chemistry, forensic science, or related area; completed twelve (12) coursework hours in areas of biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, and statistics or population genetics; and five (5) years of forensic laboratory experience, with three (3) years experience as a qualified DNA analyst.
Certifications, specific skills, knowledge, and related experience will be considered.
Candidates will have experience with a probabilistic genotyping software and laboratory information management system desired
$76,236.20 - $107,045.44 Annually
- Some remote work opportunities available
- 20 vacation days per year
- 3 Personal days per year
- 1 Sick Day per month
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Great health insurance options
How to apply