This position performs technical work of moderate complexity in the capture of friction skin impressions, AFIS computer input, verification of search results, classification, searching, comparison and filing of fingerprints, and palm prints. A variety of clerical tasks are performed in connection with this position. Work follows well-established procedures and guidelines.
A member in this job classification spends at least 65 percent of their time performing duties that involve the collection, examination, preservation, documentation, preparation or analysis of human tissues or fluids or physical evidence having potential biological, chemical or radiological hazard or contamination, or uses chemicals, processes, or materials that may have carcinogenic or health-damaging properties in the analysis of such evidence, or be the direct supervisor of one or more individuals having such responsibility, in accordance with F.S. 121.0515.
This is a shift work position located within the Pinellas County Jail, located at 14400 49th St N, Clearwater, 33762. This position is subject to biannual bidding based on seniority for scheduled hours and days off.
- Interacting with Inmates
- Providing instruction on how to place finger to collect prints
- Handling DNA samples of inmates
- High school graduation or equivalent diploma from an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education or licensed as a degree granting institution by the Commission for Independent Education AND two (2) years' experience in a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Course study in Science of Fingerprints or related field
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess a valid Florida driver's license
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
$37,733 – $60,374 Annually
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pcsoweb.com/careers
Any questions can be directed to Human Resources at 727-582-6208