This individual performs technical work of moderate complexity in the capture of friction skin impressions, AFIS computer input, verification of search results, classification, searching, comparison and filing of fingerprints, and palm prints. A variety of clerical tasks are performed in connection with this position. Work follows well-established procedures and guidelines.
A member in this job classification spends at least 65 percent of their time performing duties that involve the collection, examination, preservation, documentation, preparation or analysis of human tissues or fluids or physical evidence having potential biological, chemical or radiological hazard or contamination, or uses chemicals, processes, or materials that may have carcinogenic or health-damaging properties in the analysis of such evidence, or be the direct supervisor of one or more individuals having such responsibility, in accordance with F.S. 121.0515.
- This position is subject to biannual bidding based on seniority for scheduled hours and days off
- Interact with Inmates providing instruction on how to place finger to collect prints
- Handles DNA samples of inmates
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High school graduation or equivalent diploma from an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education or licensed as a degree granting institution by the Commission for Independent Education AND two (2) years' experience in a related field
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Course study in Science of Fingerprints or related field
- Must possess a valid Florida driver's license
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
ThePinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the bestbenefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), HealthInsurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
ThePinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed tobeing a drug free workplace.
$37,733 - $60,374 / Annually
How to apply
Go to; www.pcsoweb.com/careers
Any questions can be directed to: