Description: SNA International (SNA) seeks a bright, collaborative Firearm and Tool Mark Examiner with a strong work ethic to join our team. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause, to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence.
SNA International, a vibrant growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. With a staff of over 240 scientists and business professionals, SNA creates innovative, cost-effective, and reliable forensic and biometric solutions guaranteed to work in the real world. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the largest federal forensic laboratories in the US. For the last two years, SNA made the annual Inc. 500 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2020 SNA moved up on the list and is currently ranked number 150. SNA is the ninth fastest-growing government contractor.
Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to work in the DoD premier Forensic Center based in Fort Gillem, GA. May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed) ** Qualified candidates will be required to travel OCONUS.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with two years of experience in forensic science or in physical or life sciences
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- General knowledge of forensic DNA analytical methods
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
Required Qualifications: Five (5) years of experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Examination of lead and other metal fragments
- Examination and microscopic comparison of bullets, ammunition components, and firearms
- Examination of tool marks as having been produced by a particular tool
- Shot pattern examinations, gunshot residue examinations, trajectory analysis
- Collection, preservation, and processing of evidence and event reconstruction
- Experience in more than one of the above fields is preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as the lead of a team of firearms and tool mark examiners is desired
- Experience working with an OIF/OEF Laboratory, TEDAC facility, or other NGIC, DoD or ATF Lab; interagency or state/local law enforcement forensics labs preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Able to obtain a U.S. Passport.
The salary range can be negotiated depending on the candidates' qualifications!
How to apply
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.