SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Firearms Examiner with a strong work ethic to join our team on site in Pearl, MS. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause, to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide expert technical assistance to law enforcement agencies in analyzing firearms following MSFL policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accreditation requirements.
- Examine firearms, ammunition, and components and carry out serial number restorations as required. Conduct test fires to obtain control samples and compare these with crime scene bullet casings and projectiles using comparative microscopy and other specialized forensic equipment.
- Prepare exhaustive documentation of findings and create reports.
- Actively collaborate with the National Integrated Ballistic Information Network (NIBIN) to share and access firearms-related data.
- Uphold stringent quality assurance and quality control protocols in compliance with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation standards.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college/university in biological or physical science or another related subject or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) – five(5) years of recent experience as a Firearms examiner.
- Successful completion of a documented training program from an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited private, local, state, or federal forensic science laboratory and demonstration of competency in the examination of firearms, ammunition components, serial number restorations, and clothing examination for distance determination.
- Experienced working in and complying with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation standards.
- Experience or applicable training testifying in court.
- Flexibility to travel to other laboratories in the state of Mississippi.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
How to apply
Apply via the SNA Careers link. Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.