Preferred knowledge and skills:
- Ability to operate, service, follow procedures and activities of a forensic laboratory
- Understanding of methods and techniques of forensic evidence collection
- Understanding of crime scene investigations
- Ability to safely operate several forensic equipments
- Prepare independently written and oral reports
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Trains other analysts, law enforcement officers, attorneys, and others as requested/assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Masters’ degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, forensic science or any other related field. A PhD degree is desirable. The applicant must have completed courses in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry and statistics or human population genetics. Laboratory forensic and / or relationship testing experience are desirable but not a must. Ability to perform proficiency DNA testing two times per year and must be able to obtain a forensic DNA analyst license from the Texas Forensic Science Commission according with the Code of Criminal procedure title 1 Chapter 38.01.
Upto $65,000/ year depending on experience and laboratory skills. Plus fringe benifits to include health and dental insurance
How to apply
Dr M.AL Salih
Medical Laboratory Director & Forensic Technical Leader
5285 Medical Drive, Ste #312
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Please submit your resume on line to email@example.com.