PURPOSE: To perform independent routine to moderately complex technical examinations of evidence to include DNA analyses. Responsible for conducting specialized analytical procedures, conducting examination of evidence, and providing reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs routine to moderately complex analyses, tests, and examinations involving a variety of biological materials.
- Conducts assigned examinations and experiments utilizing well defined methods and a variety of scientific tools, equipment, instrumentation and techniques.
- Participates with senior examiners to decide the nature and extent of examinations to be conducted on more complex materials and items of evidence.
- Assists in maintaining laboratory instruments are in a state of readiness, supplies are sufficient to support laboratory operations and that all necessary safety precautions and applicable regulations are followed.
- Assigned to coordinate routine to moderately complex matters related to scope of analyses with other laboratory units, outside agencies, and related entities.
- Travel: OCONUS deployment required on rotational basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Forensic Science, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Must have four (4) years of experience working in a forensic laboratory performing DNA analysis on criminal evidence, including blood and bloodstains, body fluids, and stains of body fluids, hair and other items requiring DNA or related analysis; generation of DNA profiles, performance of visual and microscopic examination of hairs; comparison of evidence from victims, scenes, or instruments of incidents to evidence from suspects.
- Professional certification such as American Board of Criminalistics (ABC) is desired. Experience as Forensic Nuclear DNA Examiner also desired.
- Must pass U.S. Government security background investigation and be able to obtain & maintain Secret security clearance.
- Must pass both a physical and dental examination (as required for OCONUS assignment).
- Must possess a current U.S. Government issued passport.
Full-Time Regular (FTR-A)
ELIGIBLE FOR SIGN-ON BONUS
How to apply
Visit www.orau.org/careers to apply through the preferred process. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ORAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of ORAU to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, mental or physical disability, or special disabled or Vietnam era or other eligible veteran status.
Applicants who apply for a position that requires access authorization then ORAU will test for the absence of any illegal drugs as defined in 10 CFR 707.4. ORAU will also conduct a background investigation by the Federal government as required to obtain an access authorization prior to employment, and reinvestigations will be conducted as required.
Applicants who apply for a position that are covered by the Counterintelligence Evaluation Program regulations as defined in 10 CFR 709 may be required to have a counter intelligence-scope polygraph examination.