- Supports forensic research, training, and validation projects by preparing and/or analyzing non-probative samples, and maintains proper documentation of work product.
- Operates necessary laboratory equipment to conduct quality control checks on instruments and equipment, identifies problems, and either performs the necessary adjustments or conducts or schedules maintenance.
- Monitors equipment performance within established tolerance ranges and completes regular maintenance and performance checks on laboratory equipment.
- Cleans and/or sterilizes glassware and other utensils within autoclave or cross-linker. Performs proper cleaning procedures within established guidelines.
- Prepares reagents utilizing defined procedures for use by forensic scientists on casework.
- Performs quality control/quality assurance checks on reagents utilizing defined procedures and maintains documentation.
- Stocks all areas with adequate and proper supplies and orders necessary stock.
- Ensures the laboratory is clean and sterile, which may include instruments, countertops, and other laboratory fixtures.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, quality improvement, safety, environmental, and infection standards.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Maintains laboratory records as required, including preparing and providing discoverable case files for court.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Be technically competent, trainable, and understand various scientific principles and methods.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, function well as team member, and complete tasks independently.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and skills, solve complex problems, and make sound decisions.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
Education requirement: Associate's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related field.
Experience Requirement: None
Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
License/Certifications: It is a condition of employment that the Denver Police Forensics & Evidence Division form for consent for collection of a DNA sample be completed at the time of hire.
$23.00 - $34.50 / hour
How to apply