Under the administrative direction of the Chief Deputy Coroner, will perform forensic pathology services, general pathology services, and related medical functions to determine cause and manner of death; and performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge of: Current methods and technology in forensic pathology and related scientific aspects of death investigations; procedures followed in criminal investigative work; principles of training.
Ability to: Perform specialized autopsies to determine cause and manner of death; show compassion and sensitivity in dealing with the kin of deceased; testify articulately and accurately in court; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with medical, legal, and law enforcement administrators, attorneys, officials, and agencies; train staff; prepare detailed and accurate reports and present findings; work long and irregular hours when needed.
- Possession of a valid California driver license.
- Possession of a valid Physicians and Surgeons Certificate issued by the California State Board of Medical Examiners at the time of hire.
- Salary: $16,304 - $20.809 APPROXIMATE MONTHLY* / $94.06 - $120.05 APPROXIMATE HOURLY*
- Holidays: 12 days per year.
- Vacation: 10 days/year first 3 years; 15 days/year 4-9 years; 17 days/year 10-15 years; 20 days/year 16 years and thereafter.
- Sick Leave: 12 days per year with a generous pro rata payoff at termination after at least 5 years.
- Retirement: CalPERS, coordinated with Social Security.
- Insurance: Medical and dental plan, with the County paying for most of the employee and a portion of the dependent cost; a vision plan, a fully-paid life insurance policy and long-term disability plan
- Other: Deferred Compensation plan, IRC Section 125 plan, and credit union membership available.
How to apply
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/shasta/jobs/3007759/forensic-pathologist