To serve as a civilian employee of the Indiana State Police whose primary responsibility is to function in a probationary entry-level position involving an in-house training program in forensic biological analysis.
A Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Forensic Science. Must have successfully completed the following courses prior to performing DNA casework: Genetics, Statistics, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Basic knowledge of the theory and practical operation of a variety of scientific instrumentation and analytical techniques. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with both scientific and nonscientific personnel. Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- A retirement program is available through Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS)
- Life Insurance coverage is available through American United Life at nominal rates.
- Group Hospitalization with medical insurance is available to those who desire this type of protection, with a portion of the premium paid by the State of Indiana.
- Employees receive 12 work days annual vacation leave with pay. Additional days are granted after 5, 10, and 20 years of service to a maximum of 25 days annually.
How to apply
To submit an application, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/indianasp
- Select the specific job vacancy title (blue font).
- View the job vacancy announcement and select the “APPLY” button on the top right side of the screen.
Candidates will be directed to create a user profile before applying for any job. Once a profile is created, you may apply for future positions using the same profile.
For assistance, please contact Personnel Officer I Brandon Lowe, firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 232-8238, or any Employment Services Section team member.
Interviews will be conducted within sixty (60) days after the notice of vacancy expires; between the hours of 0900 and 1700; and will be conducted at the location of the vacancy unless otherwise notified.