The forensic investigator does NOT attend death scenes.
- Respond to voicemails, emails and other communications in a timely manner
- Able to communicate with grieving families respectfully and with empathy
- Gather and prioritize information from medical providers, police, families, funeral homes, etc.
- Write comprehensive and timely notes and summaries of conversations
- Complete death certification information
- Process cremation approvals, requests for record duplications and other clerical duties
- Must be able to work under pressure, multi-task and maintain composure and a good attitude
- Must be able to read and write English proficiently
- Must be computer literate
- Must be available to work during county, state or national crises or disasters
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed
- Must be able to work designated rotating evenings, weekends and holidays (work at these times is usually from home).
- Must be flexible, assist co-workers and work agreeably in a team environment
The District 20 Medical Examiner is a contracted service. Employees are not county or state employees and do not qualify for county or state benefits.
- Applicant must be available for evening and weekend calls on a rotating basis
- Applicant must be a US citizen or have a current US work visa and reside in Lee or Collier Counties
- Will train without prior experience Preferred prior medical examiner’s office or forensic coursework experience
- Bilingual with preferred Spanish or Creole
This is a full-time position with starting salary range - $20.00 - 23.00/hourly, depending on experience. Salary increase after probationary period.
Benefits: health insurance, retirement, paid holidays and accrued paid time off.
How to apply
Send: cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
Package that lacks any of the above will not be considered. Cover letter must detail how work experience or education qualifies you for the position.
Resume must include 3 professional references with phone numbers and:
- complete work history, include explanation for employment gaps
- month and year of start/end dates for each position
- a brief description of duties for each position