- Process IED evidence to develop latent prints using standard laboratory procedures. Processing methods include, but are not limited to, cyanoacrylate fuming, fluorescent dye stains, powders in suspension, ninhydrin and indanedione.
- Identify, label, and photograph latent prints on evidence.
- Photograph each latent print using proper photographic equipment and techniques.
- Analyze latent prints in Adobe Photoshop to determine suitability and submit to the Defense Forensic Biometric Agency (DFBA). This determination shall be in accordance with laboratory policy.
- Compare latent prints to known prints and make conclusions.
- Document all examination results/findings in the Weapons Technical Intelligence Exploitation Analysis Tool (WEAT) database.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Interpret results for forensic and/or intelligence exploitation.
- Perform administrative and technical reviews of reports for fellow examiners.
- Maintaining proper chain of custody.
- Mix chemicals as required and perform quality checks on instruments and reagents.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a lab performing Latent Print examinations and analysis on all types of materials to include porous, non-porous, and semi-porous materials.
- Experience using chemical, physical, and digital latent print examination techniques to produce a suitable print for comparison.
- Experience with utilizing and submitting to ABIS, AFIS, and/or other national databases.
- Professional certifications such as International Association of Identification (IAI).
- Have 20/20 vision or correctable to 20/20 vision with no detected color vision deficiencies.
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Full time benefits and uplifts while deployed.
How to apply
Follow link to Chimera career page; https://chimera.applytojob.com/apply/zUZM0D1HGN/Latent-Print-Examiner