- Supervises staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations.
- Oversees forensic examinations in the area of pattern and impression evidence, including the development of latent prints on physical evidence utilizing specialized physical and chemical methods and the examination and comparison of friction ridge skin (i.e., latent fingerprints, palm prints, and footprints) for the purpose of effecting an identification. Maintains quality within the Unit by maintaining records, conducting internal audits and ensuring compliance with accreditation standards pursuant to applicable Texas statutes.
- Develops, implements and continuously monitors unit policies, procedures and quality assurance measures; reviews unit non-conformances.
- Ensures proficiency and competency testing for all unit staff in compliance with accreditation requirements.
- Ensures maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment.
- Evaluates and implements new policies, techniques, procedures, and instrumentation; supervises, reviews and approves unit validation studies; monitors employee training program; develops annual professional development plan for unit employees.
- Creates, coordinates, and provides training activities and presentations for internal and external clients.
- Assists the Forensic Science Division Manager in the development and administration of the unit’s annual budget; submits purchase authorization requests.
- Responsible for casework management, including approving and coordinating outsourcing of evidence, prioritizing and assigning casework and other tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in physical science or forensic science.
- Five (5) years of relevant forensic laboratory experience including latent print experience with two years of supervisory/lead experience.
- Ability to obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Provide a buccal DNA sample after date of hire.
- Ability to comply with all Texas Forensic Science Commission requirements.
$66,898 - $86,967 / Annually
How to apply
Apply at City website.