Under direction, to conduct investigations into the cause, manner, and circumstances of death in cases of unattended natural death, accident, suicide, or homicide.
- The required knowledge and abilities are attained through training and experience equivalent to an Associate's Degree, preferably in Biological Science, Criminal Justice, Mortuary Science, or a related field. Relevant analytical, administrative, lead, supervisory, or management experience that includes interpreting rules and regulations, gathering data and formulating recommendations, and report writing can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- One (1) year of experience working with deceased persons in a medical, nursing, investigative, and/or Medical Examiner's Office or Coroner's Office.
- Completion of an approved course of instruction in death investigation, such as California POST Coroner's Death Investigation course or equivalent, is preferred, and may substitute for six (6) months of the required experience.
- Strong preference may be given to candidates in possession of a valid diplomate or board certificate through The American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI).
- Ability to travel to alternate locations in the course of work. If driving, possession of a valid California driver’s license prior to appointment and the ability to qualify for and maintain a County driver authorization.
$53.66 - $65.22 Hourly
$4,292.56 - $5,217.44 Biweekly
$9,300.55 - $11,304.45 Monthly
$111,606.56 - $135,653.44 Annually
How to apply
Must apply to the job posting on: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/santaclara