Highlights: You’ll be…
- Joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally
- Working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions
- Experiencing a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory
- Obtaining some or enhancing your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts
- The Physical Scientist spends most of their time in the laboratory processing and analyzing trace evidence.
- Since the findings from the analysis can be used in court, analysts must follow strict protocols regarding the custody of evidence, testing procedures, and reporting guidelines.
- Every step of the procedure must be notated and reported, which includes when the sample was received, the quality of the sample, the tests performed, and the test results.
- Analysts may be called to appear in court as a fact witnesses to verify the findings of a particular trace evidence analysis.
- Physical scientists also perform routine maintenance and QC checks on lab equipment.
- They maintain each piece of equipment, check for damages, and request replacement equipment as needed.
- Receive and account for boxes of evidence and related materials.
- Visually inspect and process evidence and related materials for trace evidence; photograph evidence and related materials; remove hairs and fibers from evidence and related materials; create microscopic slides for hairs and fibers; mount hairs and fibers on slides; and create inventory slides.
- Record case notes, photographs, chain-of-custody form, electronic communication, and slide inventory.
- Use eLab software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody for all forensic material under examination.
- Participate with senior personnel in research studies which involve systematic, critical and intensive investigation necessary for the development of experimental processes.
- B.S. degree with at least twenty-four (24) credit hours in the physical sciences;
- Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook);
- Organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities;
- Ability to analyze complex or challenging situations; and
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Citizenship: US citizenship required.
Location: Quantico, VA
Shift: Normal Day Shift
Ideal Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. Ideal Innovations, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
How to apply
Apply: Online at https://www.idealinnovations.com/careers