This position Serves as the Police Quality Assurance Coordinator within the Forensic Services Division. The Quality Assurance Coordinator supports the Forensic Services Director with the coordination and compliance of the quality management system and ensures that all planned and systematic activities implemented within the system are established, implemented, and maintained in conformance with the international and supplemental accreditation requirements.
- Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following: Ensures that identified problems are brought to the attention of the appropriate senior laboratory personnel.
- Makes recommendations for change based on findings.
- Oversees, monitors, and maintains the quality assurance program to meet the appropriate accreditation standards.
- Controls, maintains, and updates the quality assurance manual.
- Selects and applies established Quality Assurance (QA) operating procedures, accepted methods, and practices (e.g. statistical sampling, surveillance, and auditing procedures), using generalized instructions, procedural guides, or precedent material from similar assignments and makes independent determinations on procedural acceptability.
- Responds to assessment findings and coordinates and/or participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Briefs management on the results of audits or reviews, highlighting any unsatisfactory trends or conditions.
- Manages the quality assurance meetings of the Division, providing a forum for a discussion of critical issues and concerns.
- Prepares correspondence and annual accreditation audit documentation by the annual anniversary date.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Forensic Science (Criminalistics), or a closely related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Five years of experience as a Forensic Examiner, Crime Scene Specialist, Forensic Scientist, Technical Leader, or related experience in a laboratory actively engaged in forensic sciences and/or served in a quality assurance role.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
$66,352.00 - $96,512.00 / Annually
How to apply
On-line applications for this position will be available through the City of Scottsdale's Job Opportunities website through Friday 10/07/2022. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scottsdaleaz/jobs/3665896/police-quality-assurance-coordinator?keywords=police%20quality&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Any questions regarding this recruitment may be forwarded to:
Senior Human Resources Analyst
City of Scottsdale
Mail: CYHR email@example.com
Applicants whose education, training, and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview. Final selection is contingent upon a background investigation which includes:
- Motor Vehicle Department Records Check