Our company is seeking a skilled candidate for a a dual role as both a Production Team Manager and a Manager, Forensic Staff. This is a full time, exempt position. Ideal candidates are those who are able to thrive in a dynamic work environment, as projects will rotate and vary, often within the same working day. CTS is not a forensics laboratory and the position does NOT require laboratory benchwork or courtroom testimony.
Production Team Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 2 forensics production team members.
- Plan and coordinate production activities for a variety of tests to include balancing resources and priorities.
- Guide others through detailed instructions and verification of multiple quality control checks during production to insure consistency and quality.
- Commitment to continual improvement within CTS’ SOPs. Manager,
Forensic Staff Responsibilities:
- Manage 1-2 Forensics Program Coordinators.
- Guide others in the successful completion of Forensic Proficiency tests for multiple disciplines.
- Review test designs, data sets, and reports to insure consistency, quality, and technical accuracy.
- Opportunity to attend technical meetings, educational opportunities, and trade shows as a vendor, traveling domestically (1-3 times per year).
Collaborative Testing Services (CTS) is a small, employee-owned private company located in Sterling, Virginia that has operated interlaboratory testing programs for a variety of industries since 1971. Our clients include forensics, metals, polymer, agriculture, wine and forest product laboratories from more than 100 countries. CTS sets the standard for interlaboratory programs and serves a vital role in helping laboratories demonstrate the reliability of their test results.
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Science in Forensic Science, other related fields, or relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to review data and understand technical information
- Ability to maintain control over the schedule of tasks, to include future planning and in the moment adjustments
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Strong customer service and excellent written/oral communication skills
- Experience with laboratory accreditation or quality assurance systems
- Background check will be required prior to hiring
- Hep B and COVID vaccinations are required
Starting Salary Range: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8-4:30pm.
Working remotely up to two days per week.
Experience the benefits of working in a 100% employee-owned company; CTS has been an employee-owned ESOP since 2006. The position carries a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including: company paid medical & dental, paid time off, 2 fully, company-funded retirement plans (no matching required), group life insurance, long-term disability insurance, education assistance program, and a profit-sharing program.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating the reasons for your interest in the position and explaining what skills or experiences make you qualified for this job to email@example.com.