NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue is America’s oldest public hospital, established in 1736. Affiliated with the NYU School of Medicine, the 844-bed hospital is a major referral center for highly complex cases, with its 6,000 employees including highly skilled, interdisciplinary clinical staff. It sees more than 110,000 emergency room visits and 500,000 outpatient visits annually. Bellevue is an academic medical institution of international renown. We have served as an incubator for major innovations in public health, medical science, and medical education. Bellevue is a Level I Trauma Center delivering around-the-clock care in adult, pediatric, psychiatric and pediatric psychiatric emergencies as well as in the nationally-designated categories of cardiology, neurology, toxicology, and neonatology. In addition to providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient state-of-the-art care Bellevue is a city-wide medical specialty referral source. Bellevue’s clinical centers of excellence include: Emergency Medicine and Trauma Care; Cardiovascular Services; Designated Regional Perinatal Center and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (ICU); Comprehensive Children’s Psychiatric Emergency Program; and Cancer Services.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our mission is to deliver high quality care health services, without exception. Every employee takes a person-centered approach that exemplifies the ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) through empathic communication and partnerships between all persons.
Job Description Purpose of Position: The SART Manhattan Coordinator manages all aspects of the SART Manhattan Borough Program. The Coordinator is either a RN (Registered Nurse), NP (Nurse Practitioner) or PA (Physician Assistant).
- Oversees the operations, scheduling, recruitment, training and payroll/scheduling of a group of SAFEs (Sexual Assault Forensic Examiners) and facilitates ongoing SART meetings.
- Acts as coordinator for three hospitals-Bellevue, Metropolitan and Harlem with primary work location being Bellevue.
- Responsible for professional development of SAFEs including; coordination of DOH certification and credentialing; coordination of ongoing continuing education and conference opportunities; competency and performance assessments/evaluations.
- Drives SAFE program operations.
- Collaborates with Site Medical Directors on DOH reporting of sexual assault cases.
- Oversees collection, review and submission of Forensic Rape Examination Forms to facilitate reimbursement from OVS.
- Ensures monitoring and ordering of SART supplies.
- Triages medical record issues (ensures charts are forwarded, photos properly downloaded/stored).
- Coordinates the examination of sexual assault suspects in collaboration with the district attorney's office, NYPD and designated site.
- Serves as an examiner as needed based on operational necessity to cover and/or support examiner functions including provision of care to sexual assault survivors, evidence collection and management and collection of DNA evidence for sexual assault survivors, DNA evidence collection from accused offenders of sexual assault, testifying as an expert witness and support system collaboration towards development of a safe plan of care for the sexual assault survivor.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by Supervisor and/or designee.
Educational and/or experience requirements will vary requiring diverse kinds and levels depending on the content, complexity and variety of project. Compensation levels will correspond to the requirements developed for the designated project. In no event will the acceptable minimum be below:
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in a specialization discipline consistent with project content; and,
- Four years of substitutable and relevant health care experience related to the objectives of the project; or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
- Previous Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) examiner experience including pelvic exams preferred.
Annual Salary Range - $100,000.00-$110,000.00
How to apply
Please complete an online application at https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/careers/ Job ID#85752.