SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Sr. Forensic Drug Chemist with a strong work ethic to join our team and work on site in Pearl, MS. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause, to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
Qualified candidates will provide forensic science services that includes the initial in-processing of forensic submissions, evidence control and management, controlled substances examinations, and examination of firearms evidence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a Project Management Plan (PMP) that outlines objectives, timelines, resource allocation, and budget estimates.
- Conduct weekly status meetings with all stakeholders to review the progress and discuss any challenges or blockers and possible mitigation strategies.
- Prepare monthly performance reports, including milestones achieved, challenges faced, and financial statements.
- Oversee contractor personnel and ensure their performance aligns with the project goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college/university in chemistry or other related science with sufficient chemistry courses (minimally general, organic, and analytical) or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years of experience working as a Forensic Drug Chemist within an ISO/IEC 17025 forensic crime laboratory.
- Experience supervising staff within a forensic laboratory (i.e., Team Lead, etc.).
- Experienced working in and complying with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation standards.
- Experience utilizing instruments and methodologies to analyze controlled substances (e.g., Color Tests, GC, GC/MS, FTIR) and performing microscope and chemical tests.
- Experience with laboratory safety procedures, quality assurance/quality control and laboratory practices, instrumental analysis, and experience in forensic drug analysis.
- Experience or applicable training testifying in court.
- Flexibility to travel to other laboratories within the state if required.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
How to apply
Complete application online. Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.