- Are you an experienced latent print examiner that is looking for a new opportunity to work in a fast paced, high throughput environment that presents daily challenges to allow you to fully utilize your latent print examination experience as well as your multi-tasking ability? Are you interested in applying these unique technical skills daily in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Warfighter? If so, the Senior Latent Print Examiner position on the Ideal Innovations, Inc. Defense Forensic Science Center (DFSC) Examination Services Support (ESS) contract is the perfect position for you.
- You’ll be working within a unique 100% digital environment, the Senior Latent Print Examiners on the ESS contract work both independently and often as a team to work through individual latent print requests and/or routine casework.
- The ESS Senior Latent Print Examiner position is unique because of the unique mission that it serves. Given that the operation is a 100% digital operation, the ESS Senior Latent Print Examiners play an important role in supporting DoD customers to search latent prints through DoD ABIS and often perform complex examinations on extremely fragmented friction ridge detail impressions. This requires experienced latent print examiners to transform and utilize previously learned non-digital comparison skills in a digital environment. The ESS Senior Latent Print Examiners also serve in a supervisory/QA/QC role in auditing other latent print examiners’ casework and mentoring less experience latent print examiners in best practices and procedures. The ESS Senior Latent Print Examiners also are trained to perform facial and iris examinations in order to help serve on the ESS biometric operations as necessary.
- You’ll be working on the front lines, performing latent print examinations, comparisons and effecting identifications to help serve the DoD Warfighter and protecting the United States of America.
- The ESS Senior Latent Print Examiner candidate will have the opportunity to hone their skills in using the Microsoft Office Suite and Windows through day-to-day operational work. The ESS Senior Latent Print Examiner will have the opportunity to hone Adobe Photoshop and FBI ULW skills to format and encode latent print images for searching purposes. The ESS Senior Latent Print Examiner will receive unique training to become competent in performing facial and iris examinations.
Typical Day: The DFSC BOD Examination Services section is a 100% digital operation. Therefore, the typical day for a Senior Latent Print Examiner consists of working on a Windows 7/10 computer performing latent print examinations and comparisons as part of completing internal DFSC BOD and/or external customer request and casework.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Examination of processed latent fingerprints and evaluation of their quality for entry into the DoD Enterprise ABIS and other Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS) • Preparation of latent prints for entry into the ABIS/AFIS through digital imaging techniques to enhance and maintain integrity of the images
- Employ encoding strategies to prepare latent print search files for automated searches
- Manually compare latent prints with candidate prints provided from ABIS/AFIS in order to eliminate individuals or effect positive identifications
- Utilize a case management/database portal system to properly document case notes and metrics as well as prepare reports to communicate results to the submitting customer
- Monitor queue applications to resolve Unsolved Latent Matches (ULMs)
- Maintain digital Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs)
- Provide tenprint/facial/iris examination support, as necessary, to the ESS Biometric Examiner operation
- Verification of all latent print identifications
- QA/QC auditing of routine latent print casework
- Education and Experience Requirements: Doctorate degree and 4 years related work experience, OR Master’s degree and 6 years related work experience, OR Bachelor’s degree and 8 years related work experience, OR Associate degree and 10 years related work experience, OR High School diploma and 15 years related work experience.
- Must have current latent print certification by the International Association for Identification (IAI)
- Must have familiarity with ASCLD-LAB, ANAB and/or ISO SOPs
- Must possess excellent/written communication and good decision-making skills, be customer and detail oriented.
- Must be trained to competency as a latent print examiner.
- Possess AFIS experience.
- Intermediate level competency in Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel and Outlook) is a necessity.
- Be able to obtain/maintain DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to successfully pass proficiency testing prior to and periodically during employment with the company.
- Meet physical demands of working in a general office environment to include long hours working at a computer, either sitting or standing.
- Experience using Universal Latent Workstation (ULW)
Be willing to work shifts (10-12 hours) based on a 24/7, 365 days a year schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
No shift differential available.
Be willing to relocate or commute to the Clarksburg, WV area
- Current Interim US Secret (Top Secret preferred) AND
- Successfully obtain and maintain FBI/DOJ Campus Access clearance
Benefits information will be provided post application.
How to apply
Online at https://idealinnovations.com/careers Ideal
Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. Ideal Innovations, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.