This position will supervise the seized drug testing section of within the Forensic section of HETL. Primary responsibilities include: overseeing daily operations, ensuring cases are completed efficiently and on schedule, communicating with customers to prioritize rush cases and assist with scheduling analysts for court dates, become trained and competent in all methods to assist with performing seized drug testing as needed, participate in proficiency testing, technically review seized drug cases, testify to results of seized drug cases as needed, train new analysts, participate in annual internal audits, ensuring analysts are performing in continuing education, and leading validations of new instruments and methods.
This job is scheduled for 40 hours per week. Normal working hours are between 8 am and 5 pm, weekdays. There is currently no, or limited, ability to work remotely.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Forensic Science with at least six years experience in an analytical laboratory
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- At least 24 semester hours of Chemistry, which includes at least 8 semester hours of Analytical Chemistry
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external partners
- Previous experience examining evidence in a forensic lab for the presence of controlled substances and testifying in a court of law
- Previous experience signing / issuing final case reports
- Experience working in an ISO 17025 Accredited laboratory
- Experience working with Quality Assurance and Control practices and procedures
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Experience performing validations
- Experience using advanced analytical instrumentation, including GC/MS, FTIR and LC-MS/MS
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, a LIMS system, and instrumentation software
- Candidate must be qualified to handle controlled substances under federal regulations 21 CFR § 1301.76.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match.
10 days of PTO, 13 Paid Holidays
How to apply
Please apply to the URL above and a member of the SSO Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you regarding your candidacy.