The Executive Committee of the AAFS Board of Directors held their mid-year meeting on Thursday, August 25, 2022. The following items were discussed:
- 75th Anniversary celebration plans
- A review of our annual budget
- Our current fee structure
- Discussion of individuals nominated for awards
- Policy and Procedure Manual updates reference to Ethics, Professional Affiliate status, and the International Affairs Committee structure and mission
- Various collaborations to foment forensic science around the United States
- AAFS Connect
- Diversity outreach
- Promotion requirements
This is an abbreviated list; any actions proposed by the Executive Committee must be ratified by the full Board of Directors. An updated Board Box will follow detailing specific action items.
The Board of Directors would like to remind the membership that they can create webinars to be published on AAFS Connect; sections will be considering whether to add this to the list of AAFS activities that can count toward promotion.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.