Annual Conference Abstract Submission
The AAFS Annual Scientific Conference will take place in Denver, CO, February 19-24, 2024. The deadline to submit your abstracts is August 1. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Program Chair Corina Freitas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Program Co-Chair David Annas (G.David.Annas@gmail.com). You are encouraged to submit oral and poster presentations, as well as workshop and luncheon proposals.
Submission via the AAFS website: https://accounts.aafs.org/Meetings/Abstract-Submission-Instructions.aspx.
Richard Rosner Award Submission
We also would like to remind you of the Richard Rosner Award for the Best Paper by a Fellow in Forensic Psychiatry or Forensic Psychology.
To qualify for the award:
- The paper should have been completed as part of the work of the forensic fellowship year, OR within 18 months of the completion of the forensic fellowship year based upon work or research that took place during that year;
- The paper must not have been previously published;
- Submission constitutes permission for publication of the paper in the Journal of Forensic Sciences.
The winner's award consists of:
- Free membership dues for one year in the Psychiatry & Behavioral Science Section of the AAFS (author must meet membership requirements and finish the application process);
- Free registration to the next AAFS Annual Scientific Meeting;
- Acceptance of the paper for presentation at the next AAFS Annual Scientific Conference in the Psychiatry & Behavioral Science Section;
- Free online subscription for one year to the Journal of Forensic Sciences;
- A cash award of $500 to the author;
- A plaque affirming the author's award, presented at the AAFS Annual Scientific Meeting.
To apply for the award, please submit each of the following items:
- the paper being submitted for consideration;
- the author's curriculum vitae;
- a letter from the director of the author's forensic fellowship program, affirming the author was a forensic fellow, and the year of that forensic fellowship.
Send the required submission items via email to email@example.com.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.