Hello AAFS Forensic Nursing Science Members!
The submission portal is now open to submit abstracts for the 76th AAFS Annual Scientific Conference to be held February 19-24, 2024, in Denver, CO. The title and focus for the conference this year is "Justice for All." When preparing your abstracts and plans for presentation, consider ways in which your forensic nursing scholarship contributes to the theme. Abstracts are due by August 1. Abstracts will be considered for in-progress and completed scholarly work conducted independently and collaboratively to help advance forensic nursing science. Of particular note, the Forensic Nursing Science Section will be collaborating with our colleagues in the Engineering & Applied Sciences Section for a joint session. Please consider submitting an abstract for this joint session if your topic is applicable. Last year topics for this session included:
- Rapid Isolation of Sperm from Sexual Assault Case-type Samples Utilizing a Microfluidic Device
- Identifying Information in Protein from Sexual Assault Evidence
- Right Under Our Noses: Understanding Missed Opportunities for Collection of Saliva as Evidence
- Electrical Injury Evidence and Sequelae
- Failure of Suture Materials Used for a Cesarean Section
- Collaborative Artificial Intelligence Platform for Bruise Age Analysis
In addition, if you have a presentation topic that is more interactive or could be hosted over a half or full day, please consider submitting an abstract for a workshop.
Finally, we are always looking for members who would like to serve as an abstract reviewer or session moderator. This is an excellent way to help advance in the Academy. If interested, please reach out to Kelly Berishaj, 2024 FNSS Program Co-Chair, at email@example.com.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.