The AAFS Board of Directors met on June 30, 2022, and discussed a variety of issues. Here are the highlights:
- Welcome to our new Board member representing Forensic Nursing Science: Jamie Ferrell.
- The 2023 conference in Orlando, FL, will NOT have a vaccination or negative PCR test requirement.
- Letters of support from AAFS for grant proposals will not be provided as a matter of policy.
- Ethics Policy and Procedure Manual (PPM) changes, meeting speaker fees, the Academy Standards Board (ASB) operating agreement, and the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) statement were discussed.
- The AAFS has initiated a weekly newsletter that replaces multiple email blasts. The newsletter link will appear in your email on Fridays. Novel traffic to the website topped 17k when the newsletter dropped. There are links to content, updates, section news, Presidential spotlights, Academy Aperçus, 75th Anniversary celebrations, and much more. The increase in hits is exponential; consider that in a single year we had 17k hits and we have now exceeded that in a matter of days. Check it out on Friday!
- DUES, DUES, DUES — if you are having technical issues with the AAFS website, please contact our IT Department. You must ensure you are in the NEW Portal, not your old portal. Once you log in, scroll down and you will see a large icon for DUES RENEWAL. Click on it and your invoice will appear. Please pay your dues promptly so you are not deactivated!!
- The Executive Committee will be holding their mid-year meeting in August.
- Don't forget that abstracts are due August 1!
The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.