Associate Members and Members who are eligible for a higher membership status are encouraged to submit an application for promotion. Benefits of promoting to a higher membership status include:
- Members and Fellows are voting members and have an opportunity to have a voice in AAFS Bylaws, policies, decision-making, etc.;
- Fellows are eligible to serve as Section Officers and on the Board of Directors; and
- Fellow status is required to serve on most committees — we are always looking for fresh faces and ideas!
To review the appropriate set of requirements:
- Go to the AAFS membership page: https://www.aafs.org/membership-current-members/promote.
- Click on Review Requirements.
- Choose your promotion status.
- If your current membership status is Associate Member, click "Member." If your current membership status is "Member," click "Fellow."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to select your section.
If you are not sure if you meet the requirements, please contact Membership Coordinator Cheryl Hunter at email@example.com. If you fulfill your section's requirements for promotion, you may apply online by logging into your new AAFS account portal.
To be considered for promotion at the 2023 AAFS Annual Scientific Conference in Orlando, FL, applications must be completed no later than October 1, 2022. Please feel free to contact Membership Coordinator Cheryl Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the requirements or the application process.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.