Are you eligible for promotion? Please review the following promotion requirements and get your application in by the October 1 deadline.
FORENSIC NURSING SECTION – PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS
A. Associate Member to Member
While serving as an Associate Member, the applicant must:
- Fulfill the AAFS Basic Requirements for Promotion and any such additional requirements as may be established for its members;
- Serve a minimum of two (2) years as an Associate Member; and
- Register and attend a minimum of one (1) annual meeting of the AAFS. The meeting at which the title of Associate Member was conferred, if attended, may be counted; however, the meeting at which the title of Member is being considered shall not be counted.
References not required.
B. Member to Fellow
While serving as a Member, the applicant must:
- Fulfill the AAFS Basic Requirements for Promotion and any such additional requirements as may be established for its members by a specific forensic science discipline represented in the Forensic Nursing Science Section;
- Demonstrate active work in the forensic sciences at the time the promotion application is filed;
- Register and attend a minimum of two (2) annual meetings of the AAFS and one (1) Forensic Nursing Science Section Business Meeting. The meeting at which the title of Member was conferred, if attended, may be counted; however, the meeting at which the title of Fellow is being considered shall not be counted (special consideration may be given for promotion after attendance at one (1) meeting if extenuating circumstances have prevented attendance for two (2) years and all other promotion requirements have been met); and
- Meet two (2) of the following requirements prior to the annual meeting at which promotion to Fellow is conferred.
- Participate as an active member or chair of a committee of the Forensic Nursing Science Section of AAFS. One (1) year of committee work equals one (1) contribution. The committee chair will submit a list of active members at the end of each year to the section chair; or
- Participate in the annual program of the AAFS by presentation of a paper, poster, luncheon seminar, workshop, or moderating a routine Forensic Nursing Science Section program session; or
- Author a paper on a subject relevant to the section's area of interest that is accepted for publication in the Journal of Forensic Sciences or other peer-reviewed journal or conference proceedings. This requirement is fulfilled if the applicant's name appears as an author on the paper. Letters to the Editor or Book Reviews will not be considered in fulfilling this requirement. References not required.
When submitting an application, please choose the General Section and add in the Additional Information section "Forensic Nursing" and your application will be changed accordingly.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.