Registration for the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) 76th Annual Scientific Conference will be open Monday, September 18! Join over 3,000 of your fellow forensic science professionals for a week of more than 1,000 scientific presentations, 23 workshops, networking opportunities, exhibits, and more. The AAFS Conference is the premier event for the forensics community, supporting professions and disciplines across the industry.
Our 2024 event will focus on the conference theme of "Justice for All," highlighting the vision of our multidisciplinary professional organization to promote justice for all through forensic science and the work we perform on a regular, if not daily, basis. Taking place February 19-24 in Denver, this Conference will be a celebration of the ingenuity that has contributed to promoting justice and integrity for all.
Register Early for Extra Savings
Don't miss your chance to take advantage of our Early Bird registration rate, available now through October 31! Get extra savings on your registration by signing up early and spreading the word to your colleagues! Pricing details can be found here.
Be Sure to Book Your Hotel
Lodging for the 76th Annual Conference is available at the magnificent Hyatt Regency Denver and the Grand Hyatt Denver. Both properties are within walking distance of the Colorado Convention Center and offer not only great views of the downtown Denver area, but access to restaurants, shops, and more, all guaranteeing you have a great experience in The Mile High City.
Book early to make sure you are part of our room block! The booking deadline is January 16, 2023.
AAFS Closing Celebration — "Party on the Peak"
We're wrapping up the week with a special celebration, themed around the mountains and skiing of Colorado, and you won't want to miss out! Taking place Friday evening, your closing celebration ticket includes music, food, entertainment, and more. Wear your best chalet chic or flannel fun and close out the conference with your friends and colleagues!
New in 2024
We're adding some incredible opportunities this year for AAFS attendees! In addition to our top-tier scientific sessions, workshops, exhibits, and more, we're enhancing your experience even more:
- Childcare Services: AAFS is teaming up with Call Emmy to offer childcare services, ensuring you can attend with reassurance that your little ones are looked after by professional care providers.
- Special Film Screening — Just Mercy: Join AAFS for a special screening of Just Mercy, the powerful and thought-provoking 2019 biopic illustrating the true story of 2024 Keynote Speaker and renowned lawyer Bryan Stevenson and his history-making battle for justice for a wrongly condemned death row prisoner.
- Site Tours: The Denver Medical Examiner and Coroner Office is offering AAFS attendees a special opportunity to tour their world-class facility, specially designed to support the central Colorado region.
- AAFS Hockey Night: Arriving early in Denver? Kick off the conference with the Stanley Cup-winning Colorado Avalanche as they take on the Arizona Coyotes! AAFS attendees will have special seats for the game, along with pre-game food, drinks, and networking.
- Enhanced Book Store: Back by popular demand, we'll have a special area near registration where you can browse the latest books covering a range of forensic science topics.
Urban sophistication meets outdoor adventure in Denver. Get acquainted with The Mile High City, including history, transportation, and neighborhood guides. Welcome to Denver where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine for the world's most spectacular playground.
Want to make the most out of your Denver visit? Check out all the things you can do while in central Colorado.
It's so easy to sign up! Simply log into your AAFS Account and click the "Register Now" button on the right-side navigation. You'll be able to go step-by-step through the process, including selecting optional workshops, special meal sessions, CE sign-up, and more.
Don't wait! Register by October 31 to take advantage of our Early Bird rate, then get ready for an incredible week in Denver. We'll see you there!
The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.